EUREKA – The Redwood Coast Energy Authority is presenting two separate expert presentations on heat pump space and water heating on Saturday, Jan. 21 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Wharfinger Building, 1 Marina Way in Eureka.
Learn how heat pumps work, their benefits, about ducted and ductless systems, what the various kinds of systems are, what’s involved in installation and maintenance, and generous federal, state and local rebates and incentives. Then Q&A and a chance to talk with local heat pump contractors.
• 8:30 a.m. Meet local heat pump contractors, enjoy refreshments
• 9 to 10:30 a.m. Presentation 1 – Heat Pump Space Heaters & Q&A
• 10:30 to 11 a.m. Refreshments and time with local contractors, our expert instructor Dan Perunko, and RCEA staff
• 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Presentation 2 – Heat Pump Water Heaters & Q&A
• 12:15 to 1 p.m. More time with local contractors, instructor Dan Perunko, and RCEA staff
RSVPs are encouraged but not required by emailing info@RedwoodEnergy.org. Visit RCEA’s website for more information. redwoodenergy.org, (707) 269-1700
Heat pumps move heat from one location to another instead of using combustion. They can reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and they can improve air quality by removing the burning of fossil fuels indoors. balancepointhp.com.